Internship and Career Opportunities at the National Security Agency (NSA)
- Summer Language Program Internship: Spend 12 weeks this summer working as a language analyst at NSA. The summer 2024 program is hiring students with proficiency in Chinese, Russian, and Farsi, but other languages are considered on a case-by-case basis. The application is open September 1st through October 15th. Students graduating Spring 2024 are encouraged to apply to the internship as well as LADP ad listed below.
- Cooperative Education Program (Co-Op) for Language: Students in this program will alternate semesters between college and working at NSA as a Chinese or Russian language analyst. Students can apply for the Co-Op Program starting their second semester Freshman year or during their Sophomore year. Application period is open from September 1st to October 31st and from February 1st to March 31st.
- Language Analysis Development Program (LADP): The LADP is a full-time development program for new-hires and involves rotational tours in a variety of offices, coursework to build foundational knowledge, and quality mentoring. There is also the potential to be hired to enhance current language proficiency or cross-train into a new language (Chinese). The LADP application goes up and down every few weeks. The current ad is open until October 31st. It is recommended that students apply 9-12 months prior to graduation.
- Intelligence Analysis Development Program (IADP): The IADP is designed to provide an intensive, accelerated opportunity to acquire the unique technical skills and experience needed to successfully apply knowledge and analytic ability to the Signals Intelligence (SIGINT) mission and help analysts achieve core analytic. The application will be posted on intelligencecareers.gov/nsa for two weeks starting either late September or early October (exact date TBD).
- NSA Codebreaker Challenge: The NSA Codebreaker Challenge provides students with a hands-on opportunity to develop their reverse-engineering / low-level code analysis skills while working on a realistic problem set centered around the NSA's mission. The challenge opens September 28th and will run through early December.
**Please note that all students must be U.S. citizens and able to obtain a Top Secret security clearance.
As part of the US Intelligence Community, the National Security Agency (NSA) focuses on signals intelligence, which involves the interception of communication signals between people, machines, or both. NSA is the undisputed leader in this field. Our signals intelligence activities are never directed at American citizens. Cybersecurity is our other specialty, which is all about protecting American systems from prying eyes.
What is our mission? The most simple, concise answer is that we are here to SAVE LIVES. We never want another 9/11. That’s our biggest, most important, most vital mission.
Fall 2023 College Programs Information Sessions
The Office of Student Programs Services is hosting a series of virtual information sessions for students to hear directly from NSA employees on the great college program opportunities the Agency has to offer! These sessions are for any level college student and will be focus on college programs such as Summer Internships and Cooperative Education Program opportunities! All academic majors are welcome.
We have several offerings available. Register today to one of our sessions to learn more about eligibility requirements and benefits.
- Tuesday, September 19, 2023 | 5 to 6 p.m. EST | Register here
Thursday, September 21, 2023 | 4 to 5 p.m. EST | Register here
Wednesday, September 27, 2023 | 4 to 5 p.m. EST | Register here
Tuesday, October 03, 2023 | 4 to 5 p.m. EST | Register here
Thursday, October 05, 2023 | 5 to 6 p.m. EST | Register here
Wednesday, October 11, 2023 | 4 to 5 p.m. EST | Register here
Wednesday, October 18, 2023 | 4 to 5 p.m. EST | Register here
NSA Virtual Recruitment Events
The National Security Agency is hosting multiple virtual events, where we will share information regarding the Security Clearance process, Student Programs, among other topics. Students can find more information and register here: https://www.intelligencecareers.gov/NSA/nsaevents.html
General Information/Full-time opportunities
- Full Time Opportunities: https://www.intelligencecareers.gov/nsa/nsacareers.html
- Development Programs: https://www.intelligencecareers.gov/nsa/nsadevprograms.html
- Student Programs: https://www.intelligencecareers.gov/nsa/nsastudents.html
- Resources for Students and Educators: https://www.nsa.gov/Academics/
Language Analysis at NSA: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tp76aD3wu6E